Dual Endstops troubleshooting

Hello,

When i first set up my MPCNC, i had the intention of adding dual endstops and flashed that firmware. I ended up never installing the endstops and just manually moving the gantry when cutting. Now that I am little more experienced and looking to do multiple tool changes, i wanted to install them.

I ran the M119 with no endstops assuming they would be open, but the x_min, x_max, y_min and y_max were all triggered.

I am using the bigtreetech endstops and when those are connected I get the same results. When I push down on the endstop and run the M119 command, it is open.

What is the best way to go about fixing this?

Thanks

How did you connect the endstop? Wire should be connected to G and NC. on the board it should go to G &signal.

So I did a quick wiring job to and now I’ve got the x min and max to say open, but when I hold the endstops down and run the M119 command they now stay open. What am I missing?

Do the Y min and Y max work? If so try (with the power off) switching the Y’s for the x’s. What works now?

I’m having that same issue with the xmin & ymin on my skr v1.3 board.

Those endstops give nothing but issues. If you have a soldering iron, strip the wires and solder to the nc and ground pins on the switch.

If you go back to the way it was when you started, where they were just reversed, you can invert that in the firmware.

But those endstop boards only show you a little led when they are pressed, the switch is just as useful without the board.

does anyone have a wiring diagram for the duel end stops ?

Each of the steppers are plugged into the appropriate driver on the board, and the end stops are plugged in the X min/max and Y min/max ports on the board. Wire the end stops up to be normally closed (C and NC terminals). When plugging them into the board, make sure you are plugging in the the - and S plugs, not the +.

https://www.v1engineering.com/auto-square-dual-endstops/

Pretty clear picture here.
2nd one.

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/dual-endstops/#rambo