Duet2 Wifi

I’m just about done ordering the parts I need to build a LR2 but am wondering about its brain… I’ve been eyeing up the Duet2 wifi card for a while now for a CoreXY printer build (Voron2.1) and wondered if I should try the Duet wifi for the lowrider as well.

Have any of you used the Duet controller? I tried the forum search but couldn’t find any specific information on the installation or configuration of it for the LR2.

I don’t think so. I’m running a duet on my railcore, I’m really digging it.

It will work but that is a lot of extra board for what is a very simple 3 axis machine.

Did you end up going with the Duet2 and if you did, what did your config file look like? I have a spare duet wifi board and am thinking of swapping out my rambo for it. I like the Duet boards on the six 3D printers I run them on.

Wow this was a long time ago. Looking back its funny to see how ones plans change.

I never built the Voron in the end, I decided instead to build my BLV Cube printer which has been pretty solid. That does have the duet 2 wifi and I’m very pleased with it.

I printed all the lowrider v2 parts and assembled it but changed my mind based on the fact that I have no interior workshop space in the rented villa I’m in. I live in the UAE where summers get damned hot (up to 50C!) and I just have an open fronted car port to work in. I realised that I would soon get alot of complaints from the neighbours if i worked on large 8x4 projects so elected to try the burly for its smaller footprint which I will try and run with an air conditioned enclosure and hopefully use that to cut plates for a larger stronger cnc machine in the future.