Am looking to do a better job (for me) on making a dust shoe than the options I have seen to date. All suffer from a few issues and don’t work for me.
My issues with the 3-4 I have downloaded and tried is:
- They don’t seem to fit very well.
- They are big and interfere with clamps holding the material down.
- They seem to stop me easily using the Z Probe (my newest and most favourite toy for this week).
- Some attach to the wrong part of the Z axis putting load and torque on the wrong part of the system. I do read Ryans advice
- Changing tools is a nightmare.
I want to have a proper look at these and to try and see if there is a better solution. I’m not taking my working CNC to pieces yet again, so I thought I’d print one out and then I have something I can hold in my hand and see what thought processes it stimulates.
I don’t need 55% infill, could I get away with 10%, what suggestions would you have to print it as fast as possible as it will be used just for modelling purposes. I’ll also print a model Makita router, tool board and other bits so I can check clearances. As my MPCNC is built, the Ender 3 Pro is sitting idle and feeling unloved as all my attention is on the MPCNC, yes I am fickle.