Well. That could have gone better.
I reprinted the original mounts. (mine were cracked) This meant that I needed to put the part of the router with the “1” back on it. I had removed both of the keyless removal parts.
When I went to get the part out of the box, the spring shot across the garage. Still don’t know where it went. I got the rest of it modified and put the part back on. I kept the locking part out. I ended up modifying the locking part so that it is now a ‘key’ that goes into the slot for locking the spindle.
The second issue I ran into is after assembling everything, I found out that the z height will no longer go low enough to get all the way to the spoil board. I’ll either have to shorten all the legs, or more easily, I’ll add a second spoil board.
On a side note, the spindle feels a lot more solid to the Z axis now. Hopefully this will remove the flexing I was seeing.