Emergency Stop Button Box

Well I just ordered the final pieces of my parts for the LowRider2. All parts printed, all parts ordered and received, Dewalt 611 will be here Monday and just ordered my emergency stop button. So. Here’s my question.

Does anyone have a link to the box the button you order from the V1 Shop goes in? 3D Printable would be fine, or a ‘store bought’ one will be fine too. Either or. I’m not that picky. I just wanna be able to mount it on the side of my table for quick access in the event things start going south.

Thanks in advance!

I used one of those “on the wall” electrical boxes with a solid faceplate and just drilled a hole the correct size in the faceplate for the button.

2 Likes

Ah, ok so that would work, thought about that, but wasn’t sure about the cover part. I might could even print me a cover to fit over a standard electrical box! Thanks for that idea!

Actually forgot I got a double wide one and hooked the stop button to an outlet in the second half and plugged the router and Rambo into that.

3 Likes

OOH great idea. Then it just hooks up like an outlet that way right? No special wiring on the Rambo, etc?

Right… the stop button controls the outlet and all your mains voltage is contained in the electrical box nice and safe. I just cut off an old electrical cord and ran it into the box hooked up to the stop switch with some strain relief on the cord so it doesn’t pull on the connections. The router and rambo are plugged into the two outlets… hit the button and everything stops. Remember to google how to wire the stop switch I found it counter-intuitive.

2 Likes

Thank you @tailslide ! I like your plan, going to adopt it into my table.