End-Stop mounts

After a whole lot of thought and internal debate, I finally upgraded to the dual end-stop firmware for my ramps setup. I didn’t want to replace roller plates and the end-stop blocks that are available are scaled to some insane size by default. I wasn’t in a filament burning mood to test print a zillion of them trying to get the scale just right. (Sorry Ryan - I tried once or twice but they just weren’t coming out right - perhaps scale that model in Slic3r and export it again?)

At any rate, I created some mounts that went on without requiring that any part of the machine be disassembled and are pretty easy to install once you’ve figured out how to handle your wiring. I’ve released this under the CC-A license so do what you want with it. I hope people will find it useful.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4068623

2 Likes

Should be go to go, never had a single scale issue with any STL. I even position them correctly as they should be printed.

Looks like you came up with a great solution either way!

1 Like

I must have had a corrupted file or some other mystical digital weirdness. I downloaded from thingiverse again and they import into Prusa Slicer correctly now. My mistake!

2 Likes

Thingiverse has had some problems lately. I’ve had people accuse me of faulty designs that I could download and view without issues. Sometimes the downloads just end up wonky. Always try a redownload first if you’re having issues with STLs or firmware. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, it has been about 3 weeks of issues lately, I can’t even imagine how hard it must be to manage that sort of site and bandwidth!

1 Like

It really hasn’t updated in forever. I don’t think stratys cares about it.

Might need to add them all to github as a backup.

That is a good idea. I think the new prusa sharing site has an import from thingiverse option too.

1 Like