End stops make Rambo/Screen shut off?

This is almost certainly an absolutely silly mistake but frustrated so asking anyway. I have a Rambo 1.4 kit from v1. I installed the newest dual end stop firmware and all is good with movement. When I first set it up, I accidentally setup the end stops normally open. Then when setting up realized they should be normally closed so I moved the wires. Had to solder BYW as the clips were not all working correctly.

So now they are normally closed, to check I ensured continuity was there when noting touched the switches and not there when there was contact.

But now, whenever I move from position zero where all switches are open, the screen shuts off and it is like it is dead. If I zero the position again it comes back. So strange!

Any hints from anyone? I am sure it is a silly thing, so close to getting it working.

Thank you!

You’ve plugged in the end stops wrong so that you are shorting “+” to “-”. See this diagram with its large “Pay Attention to the Offset Pins” warning. The endstop plugs are not wired the same from one row to the next, and you want to use “S” and “-” only. Note that for many microcontroller boards, shorting a pin like this would ruin the pin, or the voltage regulator, but Rambo boards are designed to handle this kind of abuse.

Thank you soooooo much!!! I had a marathon session putting this together and I completely missed that they were shifted up top…. Oh man, that was frustrating.

Thank you!

Hopefully it didn’t fry anything.

I got lucky this time… I guess I was tired and being too quick… Still have a couple issues but got the crown!

1 Like