Error compiling for board?

I was trying to re flash my Arduino and i kept getting this error message “Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560” i have tried a old version of the fermwere and the newest and on 2 machines and still get the same result. Any ideas?

This is the message i get.

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\B16_32_fullG-112515\B16_32_fullG-112515.ino:44:101: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory

#include <U8glib.h> // library for graphics LCD by Oli Kraus (https://code.google.com/p/u8glib/)

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

You need to install that file it linked into your arduino library, or comment out the lcd panel.

I was having the same issue then I figured out how to install the file into the library but now I get all kinds of errors.

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

libraries\U8glib\U8glib.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `U8GLIB::initSPI(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)’:

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `U8GLIB::initSPI(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)’

sketch\U8glib.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/…/lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/…/…/…/…/avr/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions

libraries\U8glib\U8glib.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `U8GLIB::initSPI(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)’:

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `U8GLIB::initHWSPI(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)’

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `U8GLIB::initI2C(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char)’

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `U8GLIB::init8Bit(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)’

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `U8GLIB::init8BitFixedPort(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)’

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `U8GLIB::initRW8Bit(_u8g_dev_t*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)’

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

“Show verbose output during compilation”

Justin your error still has to do with the library. You might have an old one or something along those lines. You do no need it if you are not using the LCD screen, just use an old firmware without lcd in the title, or comment out the LCD.

You are a genius! Somehow I downloaded an old version. Works good now.

heres my error code:

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\ConfigurationStore.cpp:65:0:

sketch\language.h:65:0: warning: "MACHINE_NAME" redefined

#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME

^

sketch\language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define MACHINE_NAME "Mendel"

^

In file included from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:47:0:

sketch\language.h:65:0: warning: "MACHINE_NAME" redefined

#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME

^

sketch\language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define MACHINE_NAME "Mendel"

^

sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:2715:36: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]

LCD_MESSAGEPGM(MACHINE_NAME" "MSG_OFF".");

^

In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:44:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here

__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;

^

exit status 1
using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

"Show verbose output during compilation"

Did you change the name of the machine? It looks like you either included an invalid character or the new name is too long? Just a guess.

downloaded tried to compile… error

turns out it doesnt work with arduino 1.6.11 like is stated on the firmware page. used 1.0.6 and it compiled

I have been using 6.11 all morning to flash and test boards? I have no idea what the heck is going on with arduino but I wish they would stop changing things. We went a few years without issue no this…But it is free and I do love using it so. Not real complaints from me.

how to enable the heated bed?

Change the thermistor value in config.h fr9m 0 to 11.

got it. found the issue with arduino, i was using the older version of the firmware not the rc7. got that squared away. i love the fact that i can save my settings in memory. they even stick after a reprogramming.

are you using rc7 or the later rc7 bugfix? Id like to start messing with ubl (it would be great if i could start printing parts over 200mm wide). And it seems that there were a lot of bugs squashed as of late.

How do i find this file to change this value?

cancel, made a new thread that chronicles my frustration…lol