Estlcam 4 axis hotwire machine

Hello, is there a way to use Estlcam for a hotwire machine ?
I have now setup: Mega/Ramps1.4 and this works great, but i can`t see a option for a 4axis machine.

FS

The g-code generated by EstlCam should be able to move any sort of machine, but I think there may be other constraints that EstlCam is not aware of. For example, the motion to the start or end of a job, or between individual parts, may cross over the parts and ruin them, unless you took extra precautions manually, like doing one part at a time and specifying the lead-in to control the start/end point.

I am not aware of a mode for hot wire cutting, nor do I think it can handle true 4-axis. Wrapping a job around a cylinder can be hacked in hardware while the CAM is oblivious, but that’s not really 4 axes.

1 Like

Hello, thank you replying.
Yes correct, i`m using now a very old version of deskcnc, but need to replace that, so i thought it simplycity of Estlcam would be great.
Ok need to find other cam then that works with mega/ramps board.

I use a 4 axis hot wire solution too for cutting foam wings. If it is any help I used this solution on my Ramps board and it worked fine.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2915801-4-Axis-Hot-Wire-CNC-(Arduino-Ramps1-4)-Complete-Solution

There are some bugs in the Excel file for the Gcode but you can generate that in lots of ways now.

S