Estlcam cutting issue

So I have had several good cuts of several kinds (engraving, and parts) in pine, oak, and poplar. Now at random it seems it is cutting along fine and then drops down too far and starts taking 2mm or more in a single pass. I can’t figure this out for the life of me. Just now the cut made it to the 2nd pass of a project. then at the end of that layer during tracing the permimeter it goes nuts and drops taking far too much material.

My Setup

25.4 Stainless tubing
Makita router
1/8" 2 flute upcut bit
set to .75mm per pass
20mm/s x/y feedrate
3.5mm z feedrate

Any help here would be amazing. I have little hair left to start pulling it now :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Josh

Make sure you update your software and set the rapid speeds accordingly.

https://www.v1engineering.com/software-updates/

I had everything set but the rapids. I’ll give that a shot tonight.

Thanks,

Josh

Well I figured out what the problem was. I am not using the pineapple coupler rather a flexible metal couple I had in spare parts from my 3d printer. The set screws on it had backed out and was not giving a solid reliable grip. So the weight on the Z axis was enough to provide the tension needed to drop it down but couldn’t go back up most of the time. I put some loctite blue threadlocker on there and not it is working seamlessly. Just wanted to provide an update in case someone else has a similar problem.

Josh