ESTLcam letters

I am trying to write some letters in Acrylic sheet, I have only two kind of bits a VBit and Engraving Bit.
I want to carve letters size 3.7.
With VBit - I tried Carve Inside
With Engraving Bit I tried Carve Inside
ESTLcam Preview show some missing points of most of the letters, with both bits, what Am I doing wrong?

WIth the vbit, you want to use the carve function. That will give you the angled edges. Make sure your settings for the bit are correct. Here is a good video on setting the correct values for the bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEFFogenSvo

1 Like

issing parts

Hi James, thanks for the info, I don’t know if this happens because of the small size of the letters, I did watch more than once Christian’s tutorials, but I don’t know why this missing parts still come up.

No, it’s happening because you picked “pocket inside” in the text menu. It needs to be the carve function, not the pocket function.

2 Likes

I can not carve with other than VBit.

The bit is to big for the pocket bigger text or smaller bit or carve with V bit not pocket

2 Likes

Do you need to do a lot of that size text? If you do get a multi pack of V bits to see what angle works best I bet 10 or 30 degree will look nice if you can find a .3 mm mill I think a pocket will work but if never tried that thin soooooooo. On larger text 45 and 60 degree look nice

T[quote=“timonjkl, post:7, topic:18173”]
Do you need to do a lot of that size text?
[/quote]
Hi Tim, yes I need very small text is for a text above buttons in a panel very thin. The only Vbit I have is this one but I can try to get others, will try to find in Amazon.

Sally’s Corner and the light bulb was done with a 1/2" 90 degree bit.
and the small letters ( not that small in your case ) done with 1/4" 60 degree bit.

I got a couple sets of 1/8" that goes from 10 to 90 degree from amazon.

PCB Engraving CNC Bit

1 Like

Nice carving :slight_smile:
Just put these ones in my cart in amazon thanks

1 Like