Hi guys,

I have a little issue with Estlcam and I’m wondering if someone has the answer:

I’ve set up the following limit switches:
-X right
-Y front
-Z up

They are working fine, no problem

Then, I wanted to add the height probe.
-I’ve added a wire on pin 17, and a ground to the machine.
-Downloaded the new config in Arduino, then hit “home”: no problem.
-Hit home again: the Z axis goes up, doesn’t detect the limit switch and crashes.
Weird

-I restarted the whole thing, tried to home again, no problem.
-Made a “tool height probing”, no problem.
-tried to home again: Z crashes again.

Also, I only managed to make the Z probe work after reverting its logic (loop closed by default, open the loop to generate probe signal. Could be some noise issue, but I’m not sure why that would be, for instance, even if I didn’t connect anything on pin 17, it was still detecting a random signal.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to set up this thing, let me know!

If the internal pullup isn’t configured, then it would just be floating, and would randomly trip.

I’m not completely understanding the issue though. It sounds like you’re saying it’s not detecting the Z endstop in the top direction. But that was working previously. Are you saying you added another endstop at the bottom, and that’s messing with the status at the top?

There is a gcode command to query the endstop states. You should be pretty comfortable that they are all working with that before you try to crash anything. Let me see… M119:

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M119:_Get_Endstop_Status

I ticked the “activate pullup resistor” box in Estlcam config, that’s what puzzles me

I’m not completely understanding the issue though. It sounds like you’re saying it’s not detecting the Z endstop in the top direction. But that was working previously. Are you saying you added another endstop at the bottom, and that’s messing with the status at the top?

I’ll try to explain more clearly:
-1st time Home all axis –> Ok, no problem
-Do nothing
-2nd time Home all axis –> Crashes into Z top limit.

Done nothing in between these two operations, changed nothing. Just wanted to home the machine two times, first time works, second (or third, fouth, any other) fails.
So, the first time the Z top limit switch is correctly detected, but the second time it is not… Weird.

I’ll check that this evening, but I really don’t understand why anything would affect the logic of the Z limit switch.