Estlcam translation

Hello, I am curious about the name Estlcam.

Does Estlcam mean anything in German? I was thinking maybe it meant Easy CAM or something.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there,
the word Estlcam meand nothing German Language.
It must be an abbreviation for something with CAM.
My first thought was it has something to do with his name. But it seems not.
If you like, you can ask the guy Christian via mail and post it here.

Cheers
Uwe

2 Likes

Hello,

Estlcam isn´t any german Word. It´s a CAM-Software for CNC. ““In follow the link to the Homepage.””
I´m not able to send a link. So search Estlcam in Google and you will find the Homepage.

1 Like

I’m very familiar with Estlcam. I was just wondering if the name was a play on words that I didn’t understand because I don’t speak German. Like the way Ultimaker is the combination of the words “ultimate” and “maker”.

Ah okay:)
So i think CAM comes from Computer Aided Manufacturing
But i cannot find something for “Estl”
It could be a short word for Estland, but i think this isn’t the reason.
Do you have good experience with estlcam? I’m building my mpcnc at the moment and will buy IT maybe.
Ty for your answer

Yes. The general first (and often only) CAM program recommended here Estlcam. There is documentation written about it in the estlcam basics. And there is an intermediate tutorial as well.

As described in the software workflow, you can use it just as CAM (and save the gcode files from it to use with a Marlin controlled board) or you can flash the Estlcam firmware onto some specific control boards and directly control the board from the PC running Estlcam. I prefer the former, and it’s the standard workflow around here.

Okay, thank you for the Information

Here, let me try something…

@christian-knuell

1 Like