Everyone needs an "R"

I know squat about tool paths!!! After wrestling with Estlecam, I finally wrapped my noodle around what I should and should not do! Don’t start two different tool paths at 0!! facepalm first path down 0 to 4 mm second path 4mm to 6.25mm with tool tabs and “boom” my first simple cut out.

Some of you might not like the beer but it was a simple learning project to go from jpeg to cutout.

I’ll continue to learn and increase what I can do.

My first step was to settle down and learn cam software. Listening to advice, I settled with Estlcam.

7 Likes

Hang that up, never lose it. It is a pretty solid accomplishment. You built a power tool wielding robot and told it what to do…and it listened!!!

12 Likes

I skimmed down to look at the R before I read the post and was thinking “That’s so familiar but I can’t place it!”

I quit drinking a few years back lol

Looks great, nice clean cuts. Did you buy slotted board for your spoil board? Or cut it?

I don’t know what this “R” is but you had me at “beer”. Damn fine job, sir!

3 Likes

I cut the board (MDF) I was trying to create my own t-slots. I was not too happy the way it turned out, so I think I will do something different after I am done playing.

I know the MPCNC is international so I will tell you the ‘R’ is for a local beer here in Washington State. Rainier Beer

1 Like

I thought it was RC cola.

1 Like

Remember the commercials with them out in the woods, living wild? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out here in Ohio I very rarely have Rainiers (Genny would be my local of choice, despite New York and not Ohio). But anyway, great idea for a first project!

And it’s a highly respectable beer, without question.

1 Like

This needs to be a sign.

3 Likes