Extruder Heater Error

Hello, I recently purchased and built a MPCNC from your website along with an extruder, but now that I try to print, it almost immediately pulls up the following error:
Error: Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0
Error: Printer halted. kill () called!
I just unwrapped it and extended the wires and see no breaks, and interestingly enough, the nozzle gets very hot after the error pops up and repetier shows extruder heating for over 30 min…, yet does not start 3d printing.

Thanks!

Philip

When you restart everything, connect with repetier, what temp is showing for the nozzle? Before you do anything else.

A picture of you board wired up might help.

Attached below are pictures of the board, also, right before it gives the heater error a red light appears, and also where can I find the temperature?

Did you edit the firmware to enable the bed and extruder? I do not ship them this way, sorry for the confusion.

I put in the settings on your website for Repertier and Slic3r but I don’t understand what you mean by firmware?
(I’m very new at this whole 3D printing thing…)

The hot end has been disabled in the firmware. The firmware is the little program running on the rambo board. The MINI rambo board will need to be reflashed (programmed) to enable it. Sorry the thought to preprogram it for 3D printing has not crossed my mind, the board is so new I hadn’t considered the ramifications of my new firmware edits to get rid of the 100k resistor.

I am working on the new updated firmware now. Have you made sure everything works by doing a test drawing?

Yes, the first thing I did upon completing it was a test drawing and it was really nice watching it run, and it seems to be drawing very well

Okay you are going to need to flash the board, I have very detailed instructions on the firmware page. https://www.v1engineering.com/marlin-firmware/

Let me modify the rambo firmware for you since the new one is not ready yet. Give me a few minutes please.

It’s a bummer but the new firmware should be out tonight or tomorrow so it gives you some practice.

It’s fine, take your time, I’m willing to wait a little more and be sure that it works perfectly, besides at the moment I am on my phone and away from my pc

Easy, it is just a one number edit.

Use that file and follow the instructions on the firmware page, let me know how it goes.

Just said “Done Uploading” but is giving these lines with some parts about the bootloader in red, should I still try running it?

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\DANNY’~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_944435\core\core_rambo_avr_rambo_0c812875ac70eb4a9b385d8fb077f54c.a
Bootloader file specified but missing: C:\Users\Danny’s PC\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\rambo\hardware\avr\1.0.0\bootloaders\stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex
Sketch uses 656 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 258048 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes of dynamic memory.
Bootloader file specified but missing: C:\Users\Danny’s PC\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\rambo\hardware\avr\1.0.0\bootloaders\stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex
Sketch uses 105002 bytes (40%) of program storage space. Maximum is 258048 bytes.
Global variables use 4748 bytes of dynamic memory.

yup should be good.

Ok, just testing it out and it seems to print great, but I have 3 questions, how do I turn on the second fan that I attached onto the extruder assembly? Also on the first layer it always peels up, is their any way to prevent that? And lastly, while printing almost any part it moves 4-5 inches up and to the right before it starts printing, is that normal?

Thanks!

The print fan should be plugged into the fan port and is controlled by your slicer, you can turn the fan off for the first layer in the slicer. This could be causing your peeling issue but you have not given enough info to actually help.
Print material, surface, surface prep, print temp?

The movement is it going to the center of the “bed” you can place the object to be printed closer to the origin or select print from center. I believe I have this in the extruder basics page.

Using PLA, 1.75mm, blue painter tape surface on top of table, used all of your slicer settings, attached below are some pictures, and I am also wondering if there is any way to improve the print quality, even if it takes longer. Also only one of the fans turn on not both, both plugs are plugged in to both of the fan ports on the rambo.

Here is the other picture:

Was just printing and I left it for a while and came back and a lot of the filament (Unmelted, yet marked by teeth was coming out the side), I had the first layer at 215 degrees Celsius, how do I fix this?

Just finished disassembling, seems like there was a jam in the nozzle, any ideas on how to get it out? Picture is attached below

To get that out you need to heat it up and either take off the nozzle or pull it out when hot and see if there is any obstructions.

Next time you can leave it fully assembled and just take the nozzle off. Clogs aren’t super common but they do happen. Depending on your filament 215 might be too hot as well. I use hatchbox and it runs at 196.

There are a ton of factors here. you should maybe start with my print gcode, you can manually adjust the temp if needed but there are a ton of ways to have filament coming out because of some gcode issues. If you start with mine you know the gcode should be good, and you did a drawing so your machine is good.

From the pics I see you have the tape overlapping. You can’t do that, the layers are about that thick so your first layer will be all messed up.

The printed part looks super over extruded. did you select 0.4mm nozzle in the slicer? It defaults to 0.5mm