Extruder

Got everything build and put together and working but the extruder attachment. Doesn’t seem to be putting out enough matieral during the print. I’m using slic3r with the spec off the extruder guild and Merlin of the site. All the hardware is pretty much your eBay special stuff.

These things should all be included in your post. It makes it much faster to diagnose problems.

1. Did you buy everything from here?
    a)If you didn’t or changed some things please don’t leave out any details.
    b)What firmware?

2. Are you using end stops?
    a)If so please disconnect them.

3. Are you using all my recommended parts?
    a) If not please list what parts you used.

4. Include a picture so obvious errors might be spotted.

Do you have the filament diameter set right?

No I didn’t buy the electric and computer parts from u but I did buy the plastic and some other misc parts…not sure the firmware version but it’s the one link on ur site.
No end stops
Copped ur recommended parts of the list

The CNC function and movement work perfectly

Copied the spec u have on the site for slic3r I just don’t think enough of the filament is coming out I’ve had a hand full of prints and and it just doesn’t come out

I think my extruder maybe be fucked up

Yea I made sure the filament is the right size

Also I am loading the gcode with a ad card cuz I built this bitch to big to mauve it from the living room so I have to run a cord later

Did you calibrate the extruder steps per mm? It looks too hot and under extruded. What is the material?

I did not… didn’t see anything about that

It really could be a lot of things, but you never answered the questions on hardware. If you have the exact same extruder I have you really need to take it apart and set it up correctly. they do not come assembled right. The newest ones even come clogged with the insulation material, every single one. Did you set your driver current? is the tension on the drive gear correct. triple check your slicer settings, it could easily be one of them. Screen shots and pictures could make this much faster. shooting in the dark is a slow painful process.

Yea I have a mk8 and I disassembled it’s to the spec u made the post u made on it but I think that may of found the problem

It appears to be build what ever I make way bigger than it’s meant to

I did notice that I bought 84oz steppers… didn’t notice till I seen it scaling way to high

This is a pic of the extruder at x2 and it still didn’t fill in

Ps shits a mess tryin to get everything good b4 I wrap it up

But both 74oz and 86 oz steppers r 1.8 deg a step.

Are you using drv8825, what step rate are you at?

It doesn’t matter how much torque the steppers can produce if it’s printing too big your steps per mm is probably wrong.

You can figure it out with http://prusaprinters.org/calculator/

I needed to change mine because I am using different stepper drivers than vicious had his firmware setup for.

No I have this kit I didn’t not notice that drivers would cuz a difference or that there was different 1s