Fan specs for Ramps 1.4 build

I am building a Lowrider 2 with a Ramps 1.4/ATMega2560 combo. The Ramps enclosure is printed but I can’t find anywhere what the recommended fan is or even dimensions beyond 40mm.
What is the recommended thickness and working voltage? 12 or 5V.
Is the a recommended/suggested fan part number.
Thanks for any and all help on this.
So close.
Jim

I don’t have a lowRider, but I can’t see where any of those choices would really matter. The idea is to just get air blowing across the electronics to keep stagnant air from heating up.

Get which ever voltage is easier to find power for from the existing electronics. If you’re powering the board with 12v, then get 12v fans. That’d probably be easiest.

I’ve always been a fan of the Noctua brand, but they’re pricey.

It doesn’t matter what fan you have as long as you have something ventilating the case.

The case I’ve printed is for a 40mm fan but I really do not like it. Personally I always go for larger fans on slower rpm, they still move more air than small ones.

40mm fan is a somewhat standard size case fan for computers. If you have some old components, you might already have one. 12V is the easiest, as long as you’re running 12V power supply. Noctua fans are super quiet, but that won’t matter when you get the cnc running and they dont blow as much air as a similar cheapo fan. But honestly, any 40mm 12V fan should be fine, and it should be pretty cheap.

I won’t disagree.