Featured on latest Make:cast podcast

I was interviewed by the Father of the Maker Movement, Dale Dougherty for his Make:cast.
I talk about my MPCNC build, my science career and my book on teaching.
You can find the audio and transcript here: https://makezine.com/2021/08/27/the-making-of-a-scientist-maker-teacher/

The Making of a Scientist/Maker/Teacher

7 Likes

Nice interview! I especially like the Men’s Shed concept :grinning:

2 Likes

I hope he does a second round, it feels a little short…or I just want to hear more. I want to go to another maker faire…and a MRRF. I love hearing other people’s stories, and how they got into this. Like you mention, I and many others talk about taking toys apart as kids. Feels like we have a early indicator of maker, or engineer.

Nice work, and thanks for the mention.

2 Likes

As a kid, I was taking stuff apart as well. I was generally very curious. Unfortunately, my curiosity also made me question the bigger questions in life, like the meaning of it all - leading me to theology. In hindsight, I wonder if I would’ve been happier if I stuck with screwing radios apart. I actually wanted to study technical cybernetics, before comsos, immanence and transcendence got in the way…

3 Likes

You shoulda just stuck with Odin, and gone with transhumanism… Steve Austin would have been jealous!