Featuring my Portable Primo at Dublin Maker this weekend!

I will have an online “virtual booth” (M42 in Zone 7) at this year’s Dublin Maker fair, where I can meet makers and answer questions about my transportable MPCNC build. I made a video for the booth – Have a look and let me know if something really ought to be added or removed or changed. I am going to try to improve the audio tomorrow. I am aiming it at makers who know what CNC is, but maybe have not done it themselves. https://youtu.be/ztcMPmEYCmw
I hope to see you there! Go to DublinMaker.ie to see the details of how to attend via Gather or via the YouTube livestream.

5 Likes

Great video. I am sure it is good enough as is. But if you want some edits to work on:

1. I don’t know how hard it is to edit the captions, but you may want to have the video on mute, or quiet and have the closed captions on. They are pretty good so far, but there are a few typos. You can always leave the sound on, but it wouldn’t hurt to make sure the captions work just in case.
  2. Primo is the 5th version (or so, the early revisions didn’t really have strong separation).
  3. There are european partners now, which may be easier to shop for the people at your maker faire:
    European Partners | V1 Engineering Inc
  4. The US conduit version is 3/4" conduit (measured by inside diameter). That is a common mistake.
  5. You might like some video of scrolling through the #gallery-mpcnc.

None of that is mission critical though. It looks very professional and I hope you find some nice, curious people you can show your machine to.

Great tour of your machine. It really is well built.

2 Likes

I love it!

I really really really needed IRL maker faire in my life.

Unique build, I love the wheels idea. The project you have in that presentation is a very solid project, and I would be very proud to pop out something that nice. The chips are chips, not dust, hats off to you for that one.

I am sure it will be well received, I hope to check it out when online when it all starts.

2 Likes

Thanks Jeffeb, for your helpful comments and corrections (and compliments!). I have now edited the CC closed captions on YouTube - good idea! A lot of punctuation and making i’s upper case! Added some corrections in there. I probably won’t have time to do more screen caps or overdubs, but will keep your ideas in mind for future vids.

1 Like

That is a great suggestion – I will show that on the day. I did not even know this gallery was here. So many creative and beautiful things!

2 Likes

I totally missed the fact that it was virtual/remote. IDK what got me confused. :slight_smile: . Should be very fun.

Nice work! While going through my build, I keep thinking about his realistic it would be to move the MPCNC around to different locations. This pretty well answers my questions. I think the video is well done.

3 Likes