my build is far from finished, but since I am unable to obtain the conduit in the required dimension I tried the first parts with adapted metric dimensions.
It worked out good, everything seems to move nice and smooth, however I only printed the center and the rollers, and had to use some way to long bolts I had lying around…
for this I now used 20mm PVC conduit as it is common in Germany, I figured that the system will be able to tolerate more flex than am MPCNC or Lowrider, and I hope that with the bearings rolling on PVC that that will keep the noise down.
I think I will order some nylon bolts as well.
PS: no promises when this will be finished