Finally!

Awesome!

My build is finally done and tested. Worked great with the pen after I struggled with Inkscape and ESTLCAM a bit.

My first mill job didn’t go that great. The Z plate bottomed out and the stepper got hot and softened the pineapple coupler. Thank God for Amazon Prime! Just gotta wait for the metal coupler to get here and I added a heat sink to the Z stepper.

I’ll be using it mostly for cutting boards and small signs. Also will be making a itopie frame to rebuild my wonky scratch built 3D printer. Maybe a R2D2 frame! I’d love to make the Low Rider but I just don’t have the room.

I can’t thank you all enough for all the good tips. I didn’t want to post anything until I got it running though.

Thanks a bunch! Time to make some noise!

Bill

[attachment file=“20171124_194825[1].jpg”]

Awesome.

Don’t add a heatsink to the stepper itself, just turn down the driver so you don’t ruin anything.

Hi Bill my name is Amilcar, I would like to do a successful project like the one you just have accomplished, English is not my mother tongue so I'm sorry if I miss spell a word. My kit is on its way to me. I would start with the installation assap. Any help from you would be wonderful.

Million thanks and congratulations.