Firmware Help

I am green when it comes to this side of things so please take this into account. I am assuming I am making a gross oversight and that I need some guidance. I built my mpcnc and harvested a RAMBo 1.3 board from a printer that I had. I followed along with the how to section for the RAMBo board I fall off at the point where it goes from 4 tabs at the top of the screenshot to there being 11 tabs open in the next. Any guidance or a push in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

That’s OK. Marlin has changed their firmware organization to include folders. The folders hide the other files from arduino. Did you try the next step?

1 Like

Yes. I go through the steps all and upload the firmware it says upload complete. I open reptier host configure the mpcnc as a cnc router and try to give it any manual controls and nothing happens.

Can you post the log from the bottom of repetier host?

This is what lead me to believe it was a firmware issue.

It is not connecting. Do you have the 12V power, or just the usb?

It is being powered by a 12v psu.

Are you connecting to the right port? At 250000 baud rate?

Hmm. That all looks fine to me…

Im running Arduino 1.8.10 is that an issue?

The docs say minimum of 1.8.9, so I think that should be fine.

You don’t have repetier server running, do you?

I do not.

Ow…?

Okay, so I do have repetier server though there is not a local server running. I read through and the help section it suggests. No local server is running and I am connected to the mpcnc via serial. Can I not connect to printer directly via host so long as a local server isn’t running?

Yeah you gotta get rid of server, it kicks on no matter what.

Thank you Ryan. Server has been uninstalled and it is still behaving the same.

This usually is not a common issue. Just guessing here, uninstall everything, restart your computer and do a clean install of just repetier host.

I feel awfully dense. This resolved my issue. Thank you for your help!

1 Like