First carving test

First carving test.

I thought it would be an absolute disaster, in fact, I set the speed high, it was at 15 mm/s because I wanted a quick test. The work is small not losing too much detail.

I used a 90-degree “V” bit, in plywood.

The reason for the red paint is because in the plywood as we go deeper there are some very abrupt color changes, which made it more abstract to the eye, the paint makes it more homogeneous to the eye.

I was pleasantly surprised.

11 Likes

I forgot to mention, something so small, at 15 mm/s, it took 40 minutes! :thinking:

1 Like

That’s cool. Reminds me of the old Dragon dominos set we had at home.

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing!!

1 Like

Another test:

I have used this bit:

9 Likes

WOW, my wife would love those buddah’s. Best I delete this from my browser history right now. LOL

That’s amazing! You’re the master at carving!

1 Like

XDD thank you very much, I feel like starting with some mirror frame, or some carved chest. At the moment I can’t leave the house to buy wood because of the pandemic.

A greeting, I’m very glad you like it.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be following this thread for your mirror frame, I’d love to attempt that myself!

Stay safe, stay healthy! I’m also not going to be going to purchase any more wood for a while, until this pandemic has ceased. They’re saying it’s going to get bad here in the US in the next couple of weeks, so I plan to play it safe.

1 Like

Is this the 90degree v-bit, or is this something else? Can you give more details, or a link?

1 Like

Do you have a source for the Buddha image? Is that from an STL or a greyscale depthmap?

1 Like

Hi Turbinbjorn. No, the Buddha was made with this bit:

The software used “Aspire”.

Greetings.

1 Like

Hi Pete, it’s an STL. I don’t remember the website where I downloaded it, it’s a free model. Luckily I haven’t deleted it, so if you like it I can attach it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjcmonhnxsUlrzZ0LQkva1gkEnlb?e=bdgYEg

Greetings.

1 Like

Doing more tests.

The bit, I used the 3.175mm

9 Likes

nice! that looks great!

1 Like