First Few Projects and Those to Come

Just a few meters is enough. A lot of that noise is systematic, and would affect both sensors equally, so you get less noise when you look at the difference. The ones they use on robots and ag equipment probably also use real time corrections, which improve the quality a lot.

1 Like

Don’t forget the corexy magnet below the table to show you where on the lake you are.

4 Likes

Been busy getting this Burly machine dirty! I’ve been off and on printing Primo upgrade parts but paused to print the entire Low Rider set. Blessed to have found a niche market in the area for my custom lake table and signs. Needing the Low Rider to help pick up the slack! Also got some footage of the LED Cornhole set in action!

6 Likes

Those lighted cornhole boards are neat. Eine kleine NachtCornhole!

Great projects. Is that really the shape of the lake of the ozarks? I didn’t realize.

Thank you! And yeah it is. Also deceptively large. You don’t really perceive the scale until you’re on the water and realize just how big that place is.

I’m curious if there’s a specific type of pigment meant for coloring epoxy?

Yes and no. Some places you read that say to only use mica pigments or alcohol dyes. Other people swear by using cheap acrylic paints.

Personally I used the mica pigments for these projects. A lot goes a long way and you can get them on amazon or at Hobby Lobby

3 Likes

What? No Lake Travesty Travis? :clown_face:

Thanks for this! I was just looking at Amazon and was quite surprised at the assortments available for reasonable $$$.

1 Like

Finally got around to uploading a video of the boards in action. Here is an example of how they operate when a bag goes into the hole and lands on the surface. There are different reactions to each.

1 Like

Holy crap! Someone else who knows where Chetek is!

Never been myself but a friend/co-worker of mine has a cabin there!

I go to the big car show out there every year, and one of our facilities for work is located there, so I tend to find myself on-site a couple times a year for server/infrastructure maintenance.

First project with the fully assembled LowRider!

Added a Charcuterie board to my list and was successful in my first inlay attempt!

My mom asked me to come up with one for her fiance’s birthday. He went to culinary school and was employed as a chef out in Seattle while he lived there. Now that he’s back here at his hometown he no longer works as a chef but does get hired infrequently to do dinners for people.

The center of the board is curly maple, surrounded by (i can’t remember the red species) and walnut. The epoxy inlay is the section of the Mississippi river that they love to take the boat out onto, and the walnut inlay H is for her fiance’s last name.

Really happy with the results!

16 Likes

Nice Work! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you!

MPCNC to the rescue today!

Ordered a new stereo to upgrade the in-laws Tritoon as a surprise. Didn’t account for the old round shaped head unit being taller than the new radio. Nothing I can’t fix with the CNC and a sheet of black nylon!

7 Likes