First REAL Project!

Was testing my 4x8 LR2 yesterday, with a freebie stool dxf. JUST to see. And… Well… See for yourself!

14 Likes

Dang, so smooth! I want an lr2! How long time did the job take?

2 Likes

That was a little under 2 hours with a 1/4" 2 Flute upcut bit. I’m still figuring out feeds and speeds, so I ran it pretty close to Ryan’s recommendations. Only, my DOC was a little more as per a few member’s suggestions.

I’m almost positive I can get that same job done quicker with more subtle speed changes in the future. I say that because I literally heard NO chatter during the entire job. 611 was on 3.

9mm/s Speed, 6mm DOC, .03 finishing pass.

I’m REALLY sure I could push that 1/4" bit up to 12mm/s but I’m trying to behave lmfao

3 Likes

I have been thinking LowRider for larger projects, but it finally dawned on me that the job time might be decreased because of the bigger router and setup allows for faster operations. I will now start paying attention to these differences.

1 Like

I I’ll try to post feeds/speeds/job time for my projects from now on if that will help you with your assessment. I’m happy with it. I haven’t done much with it yet, but so far, it’s already 1000x better than what I had.

2 Likes