Flashing Ramps with firmware

+1.

I haven’t used windows in a long time, but basically, it’s going to be the port that disappears when you disconnect the board, and reappears when you reconnect it. I would try the USB2 ports only.

The blink example will reduce a lot of your unknowns. Although none of the software you are trying to flash should have anything to do with the problem it’s saying you’re having.

Googling a little, this error:

“can’t set com-state for “\.\COM9””

Looks like it might be caused by something else on the machine trying to read the COM port. Do you have any other funny software that might have the COM port open? It might also be that COM9 is the wrong port, and that there’s something else (like something on the motherboard) that is using that port for its own stuff.

Lastly, don’t get too frustrated. This isn’t magic, it’s just logic, and we don’t have all the info. There’s a really simple problem here (and it could be that the arduino is just broken).

which programmer should we be using in the arduino ide?

there is an error that comes up as the first error line.

something about can’t set com-state for the com port

just noticed on the mega 2560 in the middle there is like a six pin connector next to the reset switch.is this supposed to have any jumpers on it?

Nope no jumpers besides under the drivers.

Click the folder icon on the taskbar.
Right click on This PC, click Manage.
Click Device Manager.
Click the arrow beside Ports.
What port number says Arduino Mega 2560?

Barry,

It shows up as ramps ( com 9 ) which is the correct port it’s connected to.

UPDATE:

All is fixed, firmware now flashed to mega2560. ramps shield connected and screen lights up and shows everything.

Now all i’ve got to do later today is connect motor’s etc to the ramps and test it out.

Hopefully put a movement video on here later today.

What was the problem ? :slight_smile:

something to do with drivers

I’m sure we’ll see something like this again. Did you just reinstall the drivers, or was there some kind of configuration?