I’m sure you’ve all seen this, but I tried this out for my first large scale Lowrider project.
It turned out alright - I can sleep on it. But I did run into a couple of issues.
Firstly my own fault - I bought 18mm ply which upon getting home turned out being closer to 16.80mm.
I did a couple of test cuts, the smallest .68"(17.3mm) template - I thought I was clever by increasing my bit size until I had the test joins join. However upon assembling the bed I had to make a lot of corrections with a handsaw and rasp - probably the biggest was only 3mm, but the bed still doesn’t sit quite correctly.
The second issue is just that an American queen size bed is smaller than a New Zealand size queen bed - I can only see the legs!
A couple of photos of the Lowrider on the pingpong table too - I need to work on a vacuum system.