Forum Topic View Settings

Can someone tell me how to change the forum view settings associated with how topic lists are displayed (mobile version)? I somehow changed the view settings this morning and it’s been bugging me all day. Previously the topics only showed the title so I could see 6 or 7 topics per page. Now the text from the first post is displayed under the title so only two topics can be displayed per page. Thanks!

1 Like

Good question. I can get the same result by clicking the menu, and selecting “desktop view” but switching it back to “mobile view” doesn’t put it back, just the menu bar.

I have the same issue, very annoying.
I first thought i did something wrong in my preferences but it wasn’t the case.

Same here! The view has changed and it’s much more difficult to get a quick overview now! I’m starting to get old, I don’t like when things change :smiley:

1 Like

I think the server updated. I looked, but I didn’t see a setting to change it back personally.

The additional text isn’t even useful. It is just the first few sentences on the first post.

@vicious1, is there some setting to only show the titles? Apparently I’m not the only one it bugs.

2 Likes

It was an automatic update from my host., Discourse 2.8 Released! | Blog, let me see if there is anything I can do.

1 Like

Oh man needle in a haystack, There are a few contenders.

I think the current excerpt is 220 characters, any idea what it was before?

okay, I think that is 220, what would you prefer, what was it before?

I changed two settings to 100 characters and nothing seems to have changed. I would say lets give it a few hours to see if that actually did it or not.

I think previously it was zero.

Yeah, I believe the previous view only showed the user icon, title, category and number of posts.

I posted about it here. I hope they tell us, “yeah, change XYZ setting, NBD”.

2 Likes

Bam:

Thanks! I will keep an eye on that.

Dang that was fast, let me see what I can do.

That doesn’t seem to be it.

But I did disable the Ad plugin since we do not use it. Maybe we will be a few microseconds faster now.

Hmmm. Is there a different section for theme plugins? Like in the customize area?

:fast_forward:

1 Like

Wait I lied, that is a theme plug in.

1 Like