Freecad marlin post processor

Noticed Freecad outputting F0 for feedrate with G0, not sure what that even means, setting it to default instead. Previous message was incorrect, Freecad doesn’t output an M3 at all if the spindle speed isn’t set.

marlin_post.zip (6.4 KB)

marlin_post.zip (6.4 KB)

removed --tool-change=0 'Hold over from the base post processor, not using it since it is swapping out code instead
added --notoolchanges

This is useful when you have defined the same physical tool but set it up with different speeds I can use 20mm/s when doing shallow passes, when profiling through 20mm of wood, <10 mm/s…

marlin_post.zip (6.6 KB)

Added --DrawBorder

Used with centerorigin only for now.

Etches .05 mm down around entire job, offset by 5 mm. Give you a good indication of whether it is going deeper on one end or another and handy to find the middle if you need to restart due to power loss.

Cheers!

1 Like

bugix fix:

tool changes were being suppressed, one liner.

marlin_post.zip (6.7 KB)

Thanks very nice :+1: this will be a good addition to the selection of tools for the mpcnc an lowrider

@ByronM Thanks for this! Just FYI it looks like the last github commit is from October 2022 so possibly a bit out of date from the last .zip that you shared here.

Excited to see your version because although Freecad does now have a built in “marlin” post processor, I’ve been having some issues with it - such as the fact that for me it does not print feed rates for rapid (G0) commands.

1 Like