Fusion 360 CAM Post

I’m happy I’ve just got my first F360 Post working on Lowrider. I’m using Guffy’s Marlin Post s/ware.

It finishes by returning the router to X0 Y0. I’d rather it send the gantry / router out of the way, say something like X500 Y500.

My question is, is it possible to either mod the output of the Marlin Post, or have Post append a file of commands to all Post generations. I know I can manually patch the output file but that seems a bit inelegant.

You can try to use custom “stop file”

Guffy, thks for response.

I’m new at CNC and F360, how do I use a custom “stop file”? Or do you mean run a second gcode file (with G1 X500 Y500 in it) after the main “cutting” file finishes up? Hadn’t thought of this, but works for me.

In the Post Processor settings you can set a ‘gcodeStopFile’, create this file with any Gcode you want to run at the end of the process. I think it suggests placing the start/stop/probe gcode files in the \nc\ folder.

1 Like

schmorrison, thks for response. Understand what you are saying, but as previous, I’m new at CNC and F360, where do I find Post Processor settings? I looked at F360 preferences, and also did a Google search for advice, clicked around Manufacture in F360 - nothing resembling Post Processor settings comes up.

@schmorrison
schmorrison, thks for response. Understand what you are saying, but as previous, I’m new at CNC and F360, where do I find Post Processor settings? I looked at F360 preferences, and also did a Google search for advice, clicked around Manufacture in F360 - nothing resembling Post Processor settings comes up.

@martin953
Right around 5:00 of this video may help you.

1 Like

@blainesgarage. Thks - I’ve already used this video and got my Post working for LowRider CNC working. It is a good video.

@schmorrison

Re where do I find Post Processor settings?

I’ve worked out what you meant now. terminology was unfamiliar. I looking literally for Post Processor settings? something generic in F360, you meant the Program Settings in the Post Process dialog, and the list of properties. I scanned them and found Property Extern: Start File and Extern: Stop File. These work for me - thanks.

Another option would be in the ‘end code’ of repetier-host.
Keep in mind though if you set your origin to your workpiece, your new movement might try and go beyond the machine’s limits!

@Pok. Thanks - I’m all good with post processing now.