Fusion 360 not post processing

So I started a big project in Fusion 360 but now can’t get it to post process correctly.
I installed the recommended .cps file where needed and it even shows up as an option now during post process. However, when I save my .gcode file, my 2ft x 1.5ft project is shrunk down to the super small when previewed in repetier host. Any ideas what may need to be tweeked in my settings and where?

It probably thinks your workspace is in mm. Does the pp have a separate setting for units?

My stock for this job is 24" x 18" but the preview is so small compared to my workspace!

I’m guessing that needs to be in mm, so it converts to mm for Marlin. Marlin uses mm.

You are totally right and thanks for taking the time to think through this with me.
My default preferences were set to inches so now I’m not sure I can even change my project over to mm without redoing the whole thing. Maybe I should have just started with Estlcam.

Can you leave the workspace units alone and change the units just in the pp?

I ran into this before also. The solution is simple independent of whether your design is in inches or millimeters. On the post processor dialogue Fusion asks at the bottom of the screen for “Units”. The default is “Document Unit” but you can select “MilliMeters”. That will always give you the right output for Marlin.

Yes, it’s annoying to try cutting something 25 times smaller…:slight_smile:

Sorry this is late ,but just found the dedicated Fusion 360 forum. It’s my tool of choice for all 3D printing and CNC work.

1 Like

You totally can swap between mm and inches in fusion for me it’s in the top right corner in your component/origin/sketches tree. I don’t have in front of me at the moment but there should be a tab for document units, you click on that and it should allow you to swap between desired unit.