Fusion Bit Profiles

Before I buy the big pack that’s for sale in the store, I want to know if anybody had a few 360 profile for those.

Some of the numbers depend on your build, the physical attributes are already listed for the bits, but load and speed are machine specific.

2 Likes

The physical attributes is what I needed , the cheap bite I bought on Amazon have no data and the calipers I used weren’t the best either

I just bought them , could you point me in the direction for the proper numbers ?

1 Like

If you look at the individual shop pages for the bits you will find it. Most are 1/8", you get a 1/16", a single flute up cut dual flute down cut, two flue ball end. All the most common stuff. Nothing exotic.

What exactly are you looking for, I have not used fusion cam in years? Diameter and flute count are 95% of the info you need, everything else is machine dependent.

I use Fusion 360. There might be a more elegant way, but for all the bits I’ve purchased, I just pull out a set of calipers and measure.

2 Likes

What other numbers are needed?

What needs to be entered varies based on the type of bit:

For example, this is the entry for the chamfer bit I purchased from V1:

Some of these settings only matter for error detection. For example, if I were try and cut deeper than 14mm with this bit, Fusion would note the potential problem.

2 Likes

Okay, more physical dimensions. I can look up the Kyocera part numbers to see if they list them or get them from my vendor, but I think the calipers get you plenty close.

1 Like

Do you have the ability to export the v1 settings you have ?

This may be a dumb question but what is the purpose of the collar on the bits from the shop?

That is called “Depth setting ring” usually 0.8in or 20.5mm from the tip to the base.

1 Like

Thank you , that is what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

Here is a link that explain a little better.
Precisebits.com

It has been several years since I ordered my V1 bits, and the chamfer bit that I mentioned is the only one I’m sure came from V1 at this point. As GP says, the collars are used so that you can change the bits and have the exact same amount sticking out of the router. In theory, it allows you to change a bit without having to home Z for the new bit. In reality, there can enough variation that a difference can be noticed. I removed collar from any bit that came with one. YMMV.