Fusion360 stl not scale

Hi guy’s
When i import stl in fusion is not the same size. I make a test … i draw a 20x20x20 cube with thinkercad and export stl to fusion … i take mesure in fusion of thé cube , and i read 197.10mmx197.10mmx197.10mm
What is thé problem?

The working units of the exported STL are different than the units that Fusion 360 is assuming when it imports. I believe that the STL file format is unitless. There are multiple different ways of bringing STL files into Fusion 360. If you use Insert/Mesh to bring in the STL, there is a Unit Type as the first field. Select a different unit type to fix the problem. My guess is that it is defaulting to cm and needs to be set to mm.

While you should not need this to fix this problem, there is a way to scale mesh bodies in fusion:

• Turn on “Do not capture design history”
  • Select the Mesh workspace from the top
  • Select the mesh body (I select from the hierarchy)
  • Modify/Scale

Ummm…a bit odd… If I export a 30/30/30 cube from tinkercad and import it as a .stl 3d model it does indeed measure 30/30/30…with the default units set to mm in 123DDesign…perhaps try downloading 123DDesign to see if you get the same as this will indicate if your error is with tinkercad or fusion.

i try some things…but same problem…i insert my stl (thinkercad design) to simplify 3d for my printer all mesure is ok…but in fusion is big .
my fusion is setup in the same unit of thinkercad…is mm

If you use Insert/Mesh you get this dialog:

InsertMesh

The setting I wrote about is the one in the red rectangle. You should be able to adjust this setting to get your .stl to import at the correct size. Note that you need to do Insert/Mesh to get this dialog. You do not get this dialog if you do File/Open. Note if you cannot find a setting in this dialog that fixes the problem, put one of your .stl files in a .zip file and upload it to this forum. I’ll take a look at the file and see if I cannot figure out what is going on.

Note that the scaling option that I list in my answer will work to scale the mesh if you cannot get the Import/Mesh to work correctly. After scaling the mesh, you can turn the design history back on .

thank’s :wink: