Fusion360 to MPCNC

Hello, Is anybody in this group using Fusion360? If yes please let me know how to make a g-code to use in the MPCNC.

There is a post processor from Guffy already tried but got errors and could not find the problem ask twice in this forum but seems nobody is using it I think maybe due Fusion 360 new version. Anyway I am using Mac.

Following because I want to transfer to Fusion as well

1 Like

They are here, somewhere. I don’t use it, neither does Ryan, Barry, Bill, Jamie, but it does come up. Maybe we should add a fusion 360 questions area to encourage 360 users to get engaged.

1 Like

Hi Jeffb3, I am not expert but I am using Fusion long before my MPCNC, I can tell you is a very good piece of art. Would you make this Area? I am sure we could learn from it.

I am just a simple user. I do not have the power to do that.

1 Like

If you are simpler user imagine me lol, maybe Ryan could help us :slight_smile:

Maybe a Fusion 360 users thread in Off Topic or Software? Ryan can always move the topic to it’s own category if needed later. There should be a sticky at the top that describes the process to get started (download link, install steps, link to PP, PP install, load crown, do the magic)

1 Like

I don’t think random is quite right. MPCNC -> Software is where I would expect them to go, but maybe the fusion 360 users are tired of reading all about out marlin and estlcam issues. If there was a Fusion area, then the fans of fusion could hang out there and help each other out, and move the development needle, with higher focus.

1 Like

How could we call Ryan Attention for this? Anybody here knows how to PV him?

He keeps up with the forums really well, so no need to ping him separately. Right Ryan? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m guessing he’s seen this and is just dragging his feet because he’s working on making a discource replacememt for the forums.

You can get his attention with his username, @vicious1.

1 Like

Sorry, my eyes are bleeding from the CNAME stuff.

How about software firmware, we can rename it if it would make it more clear.

https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/forumz/software/fusion360/

3 Likes

Thanks Jeffeb3, I think you already did it :slight_smile:

@vicious1.

Hey guys,
When I click on Ryan’s link above I get a does not exist error. Was the link moved?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Moved:

https://forum.v1e.com/c/software/fusion360

1 Like

Regardless of where this resides, the postprocessor that has worked extremely well for me is that by martindb. Get it here: https://github.com/martindb/mpcnc_posts_processor.

There is only one change I’ve made to this: Instead of returning to zero upon completion, I changed it to return to zero in X and Y but leave the router 10mm above the surface. That’s avoid a lot of problem. The change is at line 88 in the onClose() function:

writeln("G1 Z10" + fOutput.format(properties.travelSpeedZ)); // Go to Z origin + 10mm - RS 2/23/18

On my list is to flesh this out to allow a controlled tool change with Z probing as long as the reference is maintained by not turning off the servos.

1 Like

@randysteck Hi, I am using Guffy’s on Mac & Pc, but I can not make it work (using SDcard in the TFT28), when send to the machine does not do what suppose to do, if send .DXF to Estlcam and make the adjustments on it works. I will try your link and let you know.

I did more investigation and found that Guffy’s post processor is a further refinement of martindb’s. I don’t think it will help you to try it instead. In fact, I’ll probably try out Guffy’s since he’s got the tool change routines in it already. My fault for not staying current.

1 Like

@randysteck I know Guffy refine the old one, but I could not make work in my machine, When I start the gcode from the SDcard, it does nothing, I figure it out because in the first lines of the gcode there is the start begin: that is for the Z probe, I bought a probe but nothing happens, maybe I am missing something, I think the Machine is waiting for some input after the M0 attach ZProbe, so it is waiting for something from me but I attache the Zprobe and I expect to get some message in the LCD for me to allow the Gcode continue, but the only thing showing in the LCD is the STOP Button.

> ; *** START begin ***
> G90
> G21
> M84 S0
> G92 X0 Y0 Z0
> ; COMMAND_TOOL_MEASURE
> M0 Attach ZProbe
> G28 Z
> G92 Z
> G0 Z40 F300
> M400
> M0 Detach ZProbe
> ; *** START end ***

in the Guffy post process, you can set one of the variables to No and it will skip the auto-home of the Z axis. I don’t have the code in front of me, so can’t remember which variable, but if you read through them, it’s fairly self-explanatory.

1 Like