G28 Not Working Properly

I am having an issue with my G28 command running the motors in the wrong direction.
when I manually control each axis they move properly but when I for example try to home my Z-axis it moves up instead of down. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

For background everything worked and homed properly until I enabled laser functions and changed my spindle/laser pin to pin 8
I am using a MiniRambo board that is running marlin.

Pin 8?

https://reprap.org/wiki/MiniRambo_development

Maybe use fan 2, could be a conflict of some sort? You have a 12V laser signal pin?

From your other thread…

“I changed my fan pin to an unsed pin, Pin 23 and now I can run inline code off of lightburn. I do have to switch to M3/5 for my spindle control but it works!”

I read this to mean you are controlling your machine now through Lightburn?

If so… I suspect you just need to get the origin set properly (lower left corner?) in Lightburn. I don’t use LB as a machine controller but the origin can be set in the “device settings”… it probably thinks it’s in one of the back corners.

I thought pin 8 was my Fan (fan 1?) but I could have read that wrong in the diagram. I was originally controlling it with M106/107 from that port, It controls the laser/spindle properly with M3/5 though?

Yes my laser needs a 12v signal

So would I just need to set my laser PWM pin to 6? I switched it to pin 6 and the control worked but the homing still fails

I’m only using Lightburn to make programs. I have my machine set up as a headless unit with an LCD, so I am using a gcode program to send G28 commands for homing

What firmware did you start with? Did you only make changes to the pins file?

Some odd questions for you:

When you jog the machine and it moves in the right direction, how are you doing that? From a screen?

Did you change HOME_DIR for any of the axis?

I got 2.0.7.2 from the V1 firmware page.

I changed the pins and also enabled the laser using this image to change the settings to match the Rambo board.

I use the move axis menu in the LCD control

I dont believe I changed anything to HOME_DIR

1 Like

I misunderstood how you were using Lightburn… sorry. I did have a miniRambo board running Marlin at one time… though I had remapped the D9 fan pin to pin 10 (Z-min), and used M106/M107 for control, as I was using a Banggood/Eleksmaker laser that needed +5V PWM. I’m using Lightburn now but only to create the gcode… and don’t use “homing” so obviously can’t be much help beyond the suggestion I offered.

I spend a fair amount of time on the LB forum and often see others having “moves right manually but wrong-direction homing issues”… you might ask for help over there as well.

I have successfully changed to fan 2 and the issue is still there

No problem man, thanks for trying to help. I’ll have to look in those forums too

Well. That makes no sense :confused:

I figured it out! I had accidentally loaded the V13DP instead of the V1CNC firmware build. Everything works now and I can finally home the Laser/Router set up.

Thanks everyone for the help!

2 Likes