Garrett's Catan Set

Could consider using making a mold for them, and casting epoxy pieces with the different elements in them.

C

2 Likes

How thick is it? It’s gorgeous!

1 Like

Beautiful! Reminds me a bit of the 3d collectors edition but doesn’t cost a thousand bucks.
Just needs the fancy chest:

3 Likes

Thanks. This is about 3/4 inch (19 mm) thick. I tried doing half that thickness but I didn’t think they felt as solid so I went with thicker.

1 Like

I didn’t know there was an official 3d version. I plan on making a chest for everything once its all complete. But it’s going to have to be a big box. I’ll try to post it whenever I get around to making it.

5 Likes

Storage was going to be my next question! Looking forward to seeing it

This is cool! I somehow never saw this thread until now. I had recently designed a Catan board that I laser engrave and laser cut out of 1/4" oak, and sell on my Etsy store. Here’s a link to a short video of that board: Catan game board, my own design work, 1/4” oak, 100w CO2 laser - #17 by DougJoseph

1 Like

Hey Garrett, I have been contemplating doing a Catan made out of wood for ages now and yours cought my eye here as well as on instructables and thingyverse (I am somehow always stumbling over it… :smiley: So I downloaded your files and noticed you cannot auto-trace them in Estlcam since all of the parts are multiple short lines. I converted the main files to single lines so you can program them more easily, here they are:

Edge_two_port.dxf (95.6 KB)
hex_blank_2.dxf (93.5 KB)
port_blank.dxf (86.1 KB)
Edge_one_port.dxf (95.0 KB)

Thanks for the great files! It will still be a while until I can find the time, but you never know. I also want to use different symbols, maybe my kids can draw some. :slight_smile:

4 Likes