geneb's build (finally!)

hahahahahahaha

Prototype for the new 60" x 4" MPCNC:

[attachment file=“two rails built.jpg”]

:smiley:

g.

Oh dang, you are not messing around Gene…Barry I think you got to him!

Hrm…

[attachment file=“just resting.jpg”]

The 2x6 between the two rails is 36" wide. I cut it based on the wrong assembly drawing. :smiley: I’d have cut the other ones (55.375"), but the power switch on my dust collector sh*t the bed on me.

g.

Just twist the wires together, it works for telco guys…

[attachment file=“table completed.jpg”]

drops mic

:slight_smile:

g.

Yes!!!

I see some room in that dream shop for my tent and a blow up mattress, can’t wait to move in. Don’t worry I can sleep through any noise you might make.

If you can sleep through the two vacuum motors I use for the ShopBot, you’re either deaf or dead. :slight_smile:

g.

What? I can’t hear you? Sorry I spend a lot of time around loud tools, and my younger days were full of sub-woofers, my hearing is gone.

What?

If you can sleep thru anything in a wood shop, then you’re the perfect dust collector :slight_smile:

That’s not the wood shop. THAT is partially shown in post #80150. :smiley:

g.

Want to really damage your hearing. Sleep behind cycling muscle launcher rings for 10 years… not much wakes me…

I’m not even sure I want to know what a “muscle launcher ring” IS let alone listen to one. :wink:

g.

Missile. Damn autocorrect …

Hehe.

Ryan, can I use the 5mm to 8mm shaft coupler you sell with the threaded rod I’m using for the Z axis, or should I buy it and the acme threaded rod and re-print the part it mates to?

tnx.

g.

That kinda depends. 5/16 rod tends to wobble in a 8mm coupler, that is why I made 5/16 coupler. Sometimes is is okay though. The T8 and a coupler is pretty dang smooth.

Ok. I’ll order the new parts. Which component(s) do I need to print for the new Z axis screw?

tnx.

g.

Nevermind, I found them - the “Burly” parts, right? Is there anything else I need besides the stepper coupler and the lead screw?

tnx.

g.

Everything else should be the same. Screw, nut, and coupler should be all you need, oh, the screw to hold the nut to the plastic.