Generative engravings in mdf

So this is engraved in an mdf with a precoat for painting and I then stained it with a black wood stainer that apparently very easily is removed with water and toiletpaper from the white parts:)

12 Likes

That’s incredible. Where did the design come from?

Which machine did you make it on?

Very beautiful. I love that the detailed view looks almost hand made (but precise thickness) and the overall view is so consistent. The little variances in one area are connected to small variances across the artwork.

:clap:

That is crazy impressive. How long did that take?

1 Like

Thanks, I generated a picture in processingpy that I then vectoriced in aspire10. It’s made on my primo.

Yeah, also really like how the lines look sloppy but still precise haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: I don’t remember exactly but I think it was in the midst of 6-9 hours… I just set it to run and go work and just look in on it once or twice an hour. Usually don’t even notice when it’s finished until late haha

Excellent result!

What paint and stain products did you use?

I imagine this method can be used in all kinds of creative ways. Thanks for sharing!

thanks!

it’s just normal wood statin and nothing else. its a bulgarian brand, but i guess basically anything would work :slight_smile: