Golden Primo First build

23 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is all that I need so here we go I guess!

So far so good!

7 Likes

Gosh that is sexy. Have fun with it

1 Like

Thank you!
I have indeed been having fun with it!

Something about builds that start on the dining table…always turn out amazing!

8 Likes

I really hope that’s the case. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So far so good. You’re looking great

2 Likes

Quick question will the orientation of the stepper motor on the trucks matter?

Nope, just a wire management thing

That’s what I figured. Thank you!

1 Like

I like your little peek hole for the screw on the trucks. At least I can only assume that’s what it was.

I didn’t take many mid print pictures or videos so here is the rambo case looking sexy in CF PLA.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbZd9idd3kFR_we_bCJ-ISEIU7-2AwjK/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

My squaring was a bit off by the time I reached the core squaring. I tried squaring with the core methods and I wasn’t getting the results I wanted so I jumped back to the trucks. I originally had trouble reaching the nut/bolt closest to the the stepper and I think that is were the problem was mostly. I removed the steppers for the squaring process and it was much easier to make minor adjustments. The best I could get was about 1.5mm for both sets. I know the goal was 1mm but I’m hoping that with the dual endstops I will be able to make do. :man_shrugging:

Here are some pictures

9 Likes

That should be fine on a build your size.

2 Likes

Dannnnnnnng such a nice looking build! :+1:

1 Like

@niget2002 caps look great in gold and black.
Nice job!

2 Likes

Tempting to print the caps for a Burly build, just to class up the joint a little…

2 Likes

Thank you!
Yeah I saw them in a post and thought they would go well. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out.

They’d fall off. Gravity is doing 90% of the work on these :slight_smile:

You could wrap the stepper in electrical tape to help snug up the friction fit.