Golden Primo First build

First, make sure it turns on and off the router.

If that works, you can change the on/off spindle commands in estlcam and every gcode file you make after that will have the spindle on/off controlled with those commands.

Awesome! Thank you. I will give that a try when I get home in the morning or when I get up in the afternoon.

I clicked edit Gcode and this was the programs response. How should I proceed

I refreshed the program and opened the file again. It didnā€™t give me the same pop up.

Now the question is how do I send it from computer to machine.

Alright so I am connected to the machine but sending M106 is not doing anything. I tried changing the orientation of the connection, I have tried sending just the code and adding it to an existing job. No successā€¦ any thoughts?

Iā€™m connected to the peach pins indicated in Roberts earlier post. Golden Primo First build

Buellerā€¦

M106 S255 Pxxx

Not just M106, I am not really following this thread very well. Exactly what pins did you connect to (xxx should be replaced by your actual pin number), the link shows 4 pairs. Did you change any numbers in the pins file?

No worries I was just bumping it back to the top.

If changing pin files is firmware related then definitely not. I have run M106 and M106 S255

Itā€™s kind of hard to see but itā€™s the pin set with the peach box around it in the link.

Success!

I looked up the pin number added P2. It didnā€™t work at first so I flipped the connection and boom it works. Thank you!

5 Likes

So I bought a thing!

I have a couple questions.

1. Can I run it with my IoT relay or is there a better way
  2. Should I use light burn?
  3. Suggestions on connecting it properly.

Or maybe a thread that may lead me in the right direction?

I have been working on the laser stuff for the last week. It is close but not ready for the rambo yet.

Follow along and there is a thread linked at the endā€¦info has been bouncing between the two. Hope to get back to the rambo tomorrow evening or Wed evening.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you

1 Like

Iā€™m still waiting for this to come in the mail but any suggestions on how to connect this set to the Rambo 1.3 board? Is anything in the set unnecessary or is anything not present?

From what I can see in the picture there is only one red wire. Would it be a simple as connecting the red wire to pin45 and use the external power supply?

Did I ask a dumb question or is everyone just tired of lasers? I have the laser now. I also plugged the external power supply in andā€¦ itā€™s definitely a laser. :crazy_face: But right now thatā€™s all it is. Just a laser sitting around. I donā€™t like freeloaders. It needs purpose so I can charge rent.