Golden Primo First build

Thanks for the assistance! I’ve got it flashed. I got lightburn running but not matter what settings I change i can not for the life of me get the laser to fire.

I know the laser works it has this switch.

Switch to left always on. Switch to right and it’s off. On the right side I was able to send a code in RH and it fired but then stopped. So I loaded lightburn for the first and I have been playing with settings for 2hrs still no luck. :pensive:

First if you send the top few dozen lines of Ryans g-code file, does anything happen? Second, as a test, you should be able to move the signal line from the laser to a +5 pin to test turning the laser on. Third, if you post the g-code file that comes out of LightBurn, I might be able to spot something. Again, all my knowledge is theory. If you cannot figure it out, maybe it is time to open a new Topic.

First, you need to make sure your laser is working. You should be able to plug the laser control line into a +5V pin. You will find three 5V pins in the red rectangle in the image I posted above. Note that if this works, the laser will always be on if the control board is on, so take precautions. If this doesn’t work, you have some hardware issue(s) to figure out. As for the last g-code you posted, it is identical to Ryan’s g-code in that the g-code is controlling the laser using the ‘S’ parameter in G1 commands.

Edit: This is a shot in the dark, and you might want to get a second opinion. If the 5V pin does not work, and if you are using a separate power supply for the laser, you may need to tie the ground pin of the second power source to a ground pin on the control board to get things to work.

I tried the positive and nothing so it appears I indeed have a hardware issue.

I will take a step back and see if anyone else may have a solution.

Again, if you are powering the laser from a separate power supply, I’ll bet you need to tie the ground of that other power supply to the ground of the control board.

2 Likes

I’m hesitant because this is $300 in electronics. I will give it a try.

You sir and your help have been amazing

Fantastic. I’ll bet you were excited when you saw that laser flip on for the first time. I’m assuming looking at the picture that LightBurn is working okay to drive the laser also.

I’m still excited! Thanks again very much! Lightburn is indeed working. Now I just need to keep playing with it to dial in accuracy and cut quality. Now that I know it actually works I’m going to work on getting my air assist and mounts printed.

Just for the record, what did you do to get it operational? Was it connecting the grounds together?

1 Like

Correct. I have the most recent firmware. My laser (signal wire i believe is an appropriate term) is connected to PIN45. And ground is on the negative along the same row as PIN45.

1 Like

So after a big project using the router I’m back to my laser and for some reason my machine gets stuck on the V1 boot screen when I try to connect to lightburn. I have had it connected before but now I can’t seem to get it to work.

It seems like light burn and the machine are conflicting somehow. l’m not sure what it could be. I haven’t changed anything since I ran the detail test

Got it!

1 Like

Nice.
I wouldn’t have picked those colors but they look good.

1 Like

Alright so I’m having a similar issue. I’m using the same code (m106s255p2 usually m106p2 is enough) but it’s not triggering the IoT relay. I haven’t used the machine in awhile and I suspect that I did something to keep the router from turning on while using the laser. :man_shrugging: I don’t know and don’t remember. :man_facepalming:

Everything seems to be connected the same way and IoT power light is on. It used to make a distinct click when triggered. The only thing I get is the screen says “click to resume…” I’m at a loss.

Any ideas?

It’s probably something stupid and obvious

There are a bunch of potential failure points to be checked. First, the g-code is case sensitive and needs the right syntax. The sample you provide in your question would not work. Second, verify that the router works and is on. Make sure you are using the correct switched plug on the IoT relay. Next carefully test the pins at the board with multimeter by using g-code to switch them on and off. If that checks out, remove the connection from the IoT, and test the wiring just before the IoT. Note that the plug into most IoT relay solutions is polarity sensitive, so it must be plugged in the right way.

If you are using a relay module and not a commercial IoT relay solution, then you need to check power and ground to the relay module as well.

If you go through this list and don’t find your problem, I’d open a new topic with more information. Include the exact g-code you are using, pictures of your wiring, etc.

Router works
Router is plugged into one of the IoT controlled ports
IoT is connected to fan2 should be in the same orientation it was when it did work.
Sending M106 turns on fan this is indicated on the screen
M106P2 has always worked for fan2 in the past
I’m finding it difficult to test the pins when the only code I know to trigger them doesn’t do so. The screen just says click to resume