I have been sketching and compiling things I have wanted to change about the LowRider CNC since I first used it (as I do with anything I touch).
A few weeks ago I had what I thought was a comprehensive sketch of everything I could tweak to my liking. I then took the parts out of the store, thinking this will be easy and ready to go in no time. Well dang it, as I started to make changes and test parts separately it was looking good. As I started to put it together as a full assembly I started running into issues. I design function first, and as I tried to “fix” some things I didn’t like about the OG design, turns out I did them all initially for a reason. This attempt has much longer than the original designs did, such a bummer.
I started changing to make parts work well together…I ended up with an extremely similar design. So I am announcing my defeat of a game changing update. I need to start over and just optimize what we already have with a few things thrown in.
Apologies for the delay, just an update. Doing my best to get this done before the PID parts get here.
EDIT—7/13/18 - redacted
edit - 7/30/18 - Released, here