GRBL running on Ramps

okay. So it is hooked up to the actual machine now. Moves with jog perfectly. When I start a home cycle it tries to move the x axis in both directions.

Any ideas?

What does M119 say?

unsupported command found in block

You need to connect up your computer and run ‘M119’ from the terminal. You can use repetier host or pronterface. I use pronterface a.k.a. print run.

computer is connected. Running both CamBam and UGS. typing m119 get me an unsupported g code error.

Are you using capital M?

I was not but tried and it said the same thing

Some notes about my setup. I want to home at the upper right corner. If I do the setup in UGS and select +X if moves to the left and both motors work. If I select -X the fight each other.

Oh oh oh, I got confused. This is grbl, not marlin (says so right in the title). So no M codes for you. I’ll read through your posts with a fresh set of eyes… Sorry.

In grbl 0.9j+, you can query the endstops with the status 19:

$10=19
?

LIM=111, etc.

That’s going to be dependent on the extra endstops making it to that status field in this version of the code.

The reason I like the endstop explanation is that motor might be trying to get away from its endstop because it’s constantly triggered. Since it’s new code, there are a lot of things it could be though.

So… you may have hit the nail on the head. I only have one end stop in each axis. I bet the missing one makes it do that.

Will add the other ones back in and report back.

Now I cant seem to get UGS to start up on my computer… Getting frustrated

Ctrl. Alt. Delete or just reboot your Laptop

regards

Hi

Does this mean I have to learn how too upload and use another operating system.

install GRBL ?

regards

I like using cnc.js with grbl. FWIW.

Im with you from what I have read. I just dont know how to lol

Regards and season greetings

For all in the west, youll be here soon…

If you have a spare raspberry pi, my v1pi image is reported to make it easy. Otherwise, they have a standalone for windows, I think.

I knew I should have added something to my Christmas List…

BTW I have a Pi in my hand right this minute which i used as a TV Box

regards

Just swap out the SD card :slight_smile:

been there… done that

So… still no UGS but I cut the crown in CamBam. Some relearning curve for me to deal with but no big deal.

@Pablo, I had to change a couple things in your config. My x Axis went the wrong way so I learned about the $3 mask. Changed it and off I went.

Still have an issue with the homing cycle but am pretty sure it is the powered endstops. I think I can invert the signal and they will work. It does go the right direction to home for me though. The connection was the key.