Half swap?

Hello, just a simple question.
It’s possible to install the primo core on an MPCNC Burly without printing all the machine?

I can’t find details on that. I’m happy with all the moving parts x,y hence the primo core looks better and streamlined so the question.

It is possible but you will lose a lot of build area. The parts fit the trucks, the trucks fit the corners.

If you are going to rebuild you might as well get all the benefits of the new design.

This is an upgrade I’ve been seriously considering. How much build area loss are we talking about here?

My own constraint is I want to keep the build fixed on a movable table that fits through a 32" doorway. My 19" Burly has a 31" footprint that can be wheeled through the doorway. Going full on Primo would require reducing the build area to 16" to maintain that same 31" footprint. I was hoping just a core upgrade would not compromise the build area so much.

Nope it compromises it more. The core clamps will hit the trucks worse.

That doesn’t sound right. The calculator does spit that out, but you might want to check the dimensions versus your build. I don’t think it is actually that different. I think the Burly calc was sort of an educated guess. The plus side is you can make it rectangular to still hit the target you need.

thanks.

Ah yes, I can see the interference from mixing the two versions.

The widest part on my Burly, nut head to nut head on the trucks and it’s 31". I just went and measured the working width and it is 19" so pretty close to the what the calculator predicts.

Is the calculator accurate for the Primo build?

I already played the rectangular card. The work area length is 26".

Calc should be pretty good. I even added different tool offsets.