Harbor Freight Fixed Base Router to Lowrider V2 adapter design

Hello all.
I kinda’ ran out of money on other things and so for the part that matters most I went cheap. I bought this Harbor Freight “Drill Master” router, but could not find an adapter to mount it to the Lowrider “611 plate 2”. So, I sat my fanny down and made one myself.

I am by no means good at designing in Fusion360, nor any CAD software for that matter, but I think this will work.

Here is a link to it on thingiverse:

Let me know if you have any ideas to improve it.

1 Like

Ive used that router before in a router table. it’s a workhorse but it eats brushes. If you will be doing long jobs stock up on spares.

Good to know.
Do they sell those brushes at Harbor Freight or is there a generic set that works?

Thanks for the heads-up!

It’s been a while but I think I got them through hf online. I’m pretty sure it’s a porter cable clone.

I currently use the hf Bauer router which is a makita clone in my lowrider and it costs about 60 as well and is IMO a better router for the lowrider, if you can still return the drill master.

Nice job on the mount btw I wish I had the cad skills to pull it off.

Yes, I beleive I can return it. It’s just been a week since I purchased it. I have only opened the box to measure things.
Does the Bauer have the same problem with brushes?

Again, thanks for the heads-up!

As far as CAD skills, I have none. It took me 6 hours yesterday then another 4 today to get this far.
Basically, I applied TinkerCad techniques in Fusion360 to force myself to learn it better(?). So, This could easily have been done in TinkerCad.

I only have about 50 hours on mine so time will tell. The advantage of the makita/ Bauer is the variable speed, lower weight, and existing mounts.

It’s probably worth getting the $10 warranty regardless if you plan to use your lowrider much.

Do you have a link to the mount?

It’s not actually a mount just a different plate and dust deflector. You just screw in it’s base.

Got it.
Thanks, Michael.

Wiring AC Power outlets in my basement workshop today then prepping a table for the Lowrider. I should be assembling my Lowrider tomorrow! Can’t wait!