Has anyone used the MKS Gen 1.4

Just wondering if anyone has used the MKS Gen 1.4 with their mpcnc

No, but I’m using the baby cousin, the MKS Gen L 1.0. Very similar really.

Okay i have experience with the 1.4 thats why i ask i want to use that just to make it easier for myself

There’s no reason not to, it should work just fine. You’ll just have to make a few edits to the firmware yourself for your controller. I believe V1 only has prebuilt firmware for ramps and a few others.

That should be fine

I think @vicious1’s pre-configured Ramps firmware should work with few if any changes. The MKS boards are just a Arduino Mega / Ramps stack integrated into a single board, I think.

Thats really just makes it easier to be honest i really hope it works out ill definitely be posting pictures once its built

Jamie uses the mks gen 1.4, IIRC.

I’ve looked at MKS Gen 1.4 but I couldn’t tell what was different from MKS Gen L (V1). I use MKS Gen L V1.

Incidentally, the MKS Gen L V2 is different, with more support for the TMC style drivers with serial connections so I stay away from the V2.

The MKS Gen L has the keys on the LCD connections backwards, so you have to clip off the little tab on the ends of the connectors so you can plug them in ‘backwards’.

Thats even a problem with the ender 3 i am running the 1.4 with tmc2208 drivers

I just pried the socket off the pins and reversed them. :wink: