Having problems with the LCD with rambo v1.4

Hi everybody

I am still building my lowrider CNC, and have connected everything where it goes, including the LCD, but before it worked, but now that I plugged it in again, it either just turns blue and then nothing, or it doesn’t turn on at all. Is there something I can do to fix this? Just in case, I am using a rambo with 5 drivers.

Thanks for your answers

Rafa

No magic fix, but I believe you have four potential sources for your problem:

• Cabling issue: cables plugged in wrong, bent pens, break in the wiring.
  • Firmware issue. Use Repetier-Host or other g-code sender to move your router and verify the firmware is alive. You didn’t update the firmware did you?
  • Highlight/contrast issue. I wouldn’t expect this one unless you played with the potentiometer.
  • Bad display.

Cabling is the most likely issue. When I built my original MPCNC (Primo), I found that I had to plug in my cables 180 degrees from the pictures based on stripe, so be sure to try other cabling configurations. And examine the connectors in the back of the display for bent pens.

As a reminder and to calm any fears, you can’t really hurt your Rambo or your LCD by plugging it in the wrong way. Just be sure to unplug the power when you’re switching the cabling around. And try all the different combinations. It’s a real crap shoot as to how your particular boards and cables go together (and that’s despite any sockets that may be included on either end). And yeah, it’s 95%+ a cabling issue.

Thanks for your help, but it just was plugged in backwards. Another problem that I’m having is that the z axis does not have enough power to move the gantry, and I already put lube on the leadscrews.

Also, my y axis is wired not in series, and in e0 and e1 spots, but it doesn’t move. Do I have to do something with the firmware?