Help changing z1 to z2

Hi all,

A bit of an emergency. I’ve snapped a z1 leg off the board so need to change the firmware to use z2. I have the duel endstops on my lowrider 2. Can anyone give my a pointer please as I need the machine running.

Thanks in advance

May have answered my own question but looking in the pins.rambo.h file

The Rambo 1.4 has 2 Z connectors so why am is the pins.rambo.h only got 5 instead of 6?

/
// Steppers
//
#define X_STEP_PIN 37
#define X_DIR_PIN 48
#define X_ENABLE_PIN 29

#define Y_STEP_PIN 36
#define Y_DIR_PIN 49
#define Y_ENABLE_PIN 28

#define Z_STEP_PIN 35
#define Z_DIR_PIN 47
#define Z_ENABLE_PIN 27

#define E0_STEP_PIN 34
#define E0_DIR_PIN 43
#define E0_ENABLE_PIN 26

#define E1_STEP_PIN 33
#define E1_DIR_PIN 42
#define E1_ENABLE_PIN 25

1 Like

The 2 Z connectors are in parallel from the same stepper motor driver. The 2nd one was meant for dual Z printers. So the 2nd one can be used instead without changing the firmware.

https://reprap.org/wiki/Rambo_v1.4

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply, I thought I’d take a shot at connecting to z2 and you are correct. I superglued the connector in as it was loose and today z1 would not work so I ended up pulling the pin out with the connector. It could have been worse as it could have been the y connector.

Thanks again.

If you still have the pin, you can probably slide it back in and resolder it.

I snapped the pin trying to remove it so I just won’t glue the holder this time. I used the original connectors but was 1 short so the Z1 works it’s way loose. I can’t afford downtime as I now use the lowrider for my primary income so I may just use tape.