Help my Low rider 2! Sensor less Homing

Hey everyone/V1 Engineers! ,

so I have grew more to building my first MPCNC Low Rider 2 and committed , but the only issue I have as of right now is that I cannot get my files to even get detected, to start my milling at this point its been 3 months without any progress. I’m still excited but unsure if it will see a time to cut anything, It is a functioning machine but I just have 1 problem !Here is all hat I gathered through the help of the forum and how I started and didn’t get to finish what I started . I’m going to need your help so here’s a break down on how I engaged into sensor less homing and in my process of learning I have fully built my MPCNC LR2 but still I have ready G-CODES to use for but I don’t got the firmware correct in all of these steps I’m just going back into retrospect of what I did and where I’m at this point please I’m sure it all works I’m just not as tech savvy even with the info I have here y ‘all been helping my out from the start I gladly appreciate all of it . THE SHOWMUST GO ON !

Step #1 Link : have had a few requests for my Marlin configuration. I keep this updated with each new Marlin build. Here are the config files for Marlin 2.0.5.3 2.0.5.3.zip (66.7 KB)

Links: [GitHub - MarlinFirmware/Marlin: Marlin is an optimized firmware for RepRap 3D printers based on the Arduin ] or (GitHub - MarlinFirmware/Marlin: Marlin is an optimized firmware for RepRap 3D printers based on the Arduin)

follow the links and instructions in the Building Marlin 2.0 section. This is something people will likely not give you much help on as it is programming.

Step#2 Configuration with marlin :

Here’s what he’s saying must be done I’m not too good with this part boss so you have to be patient with me …

Coding :Configuration.h

#define EXTRUDERS 0 // This enables remapping of E0 and E1 to Y2 and Z2

#define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2209

#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2209

#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2209

#define Y2_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2209

#define Z2_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2209

//#define E0_DRIVER_TYPE A4988

//#define E1_DRIVER_TYPE A4988

Configuration_adv.h

#define SENSORLESS_HOMING // StallGuard capable drivers only

#define Y_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS

#define Y_DUAL_ENDSTOPS

#define Y2_USE_ENDSTOP XMAX //This is a change from default

#define NUM_Z_STEPPER_DRIVERS 2

#define Z_MULTI_ENDSTOPS

#define Z2_USE_ENDSTOP YMAX //This is a change from default

#define X_STALL_SENSITIVITY 20 // Stall sensitivity must be > 0

#define Y_STALL_SENSITIVITY 20 // Stall sensitivity must be > 0

#define Z_STALL_SENSITIVITY 20 // Stall sensitivity must be > 0

Step 3 Restore my firmware get it all brought back to new !

marlin lcd

Hey @vicious1,

If there is any way to help me or to get me to a person that can let me know please I’m willing to learn if Someone can even get on a google meets that doesn’t require nothing like video call please let know thanks to all !

What control board do you have? Did you buy it from here, if not please list all the components that you are using with it.

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/

I made updates to this original image instead of 5 chips there is now 3

Everything through V1 Engineering sir

This may sound glib, but if you are having trouble, skip the sensorless homing and skip the homing all together. Use the V1 firmware frome MarlinBuilder releases and get the test crown to draw. Then you should be able to follow estlcam basics and get that machine to work without any of that stuff. If you feel like diving in again in 6 months into the software and the sensorless homing, then at least you will know your machine inside and out at that point.

Sensorless homing isn’t rocket surgery, but we’ve been beating this path pretty well and have lots of machines working this way for more than five years.

1 Like

I agree, stick with our firmware to get you moving. After everything works as expected, then you can try going senseless. I will point out sensorless is not nearly as accurate as microswitches so if you plan on doing tool changes you should stick with the hardware.

Just did a little video chat where we put on bone stock V1 Marlin. No homing, except Z. Should be fewer complications now.

5 Likes

That was extremely gracious of you!

1 Like

:clap: :bowing_man:

Above and beyond.

2 Likes