Help on Y plate

Seems a little bent, is it ok to continue?

content://media/external/file/12184

Sorry, not seeing anything, just some text about an external attachment.

Hi! I just now attached the picture. yplate is 3d printed and is now a little bent, will this be a problem? or the belt or other parts connected to it will keep it moving straight?

I make Y-plate before made of 2 pcs 6mm MDF, it was bended also i think because i left it for months inside a car under summer climate so the heat bended it. now i tried to 3d printed y-plate with high infill then immediately attached it to the table, it looks straight at first then maybe after 2-3 days, im about to continue assembling noticed thats its a little bent again as seen on picture

I don’t know for sure. Some folks have trouble tracking straight with a seemingly good setup, others do just fine. I used some tracking boards on the inside of my wheels to keep things straight, but not sure if that would work with it bent like that.

I’d probably remake them personally, I think it would be worth the effort.

1 Like

Looks like a warped print.

I guess trying it wouldn’t hurt. Get it working well enough to cut its own new straight Y plate after

I added a piece of angle to the outside of mine to help it stay straight. I had problems with my MDF flexing.

2 Likes

Oh nice idea. Thanks

There’s something off with my machine as well and it seems similar to your issue (I have a thread- “it’s not the grub screw (probably)”) which I haven’t resolved. While I can’t help you resolve the issue, I have used my not-perfect lowrider a few times for trialing; here’s my results so far, you can see if it’s worth continuing.

!
Should have rotated this picture 90 degrees. My Y axis is horizontal (x direction) in this pic
PXL_20210305_025210345.NIGHT|375x500 !
Board wasn’t completely level and router dragged during travels. Fuzzies left after routing which were easily blown out; I don’t have a vac yet

A little light sanding took care of the fuzzies in here as well. Router dragged over a high spot on the barn wood :frowning: easily fixed next time around

1 Like